User Experience Design
Front-end Web Development
June 2019 to Present
StudyPug is an online video learning platform.
I helped StudyPug increase their level of design, and provided assets that let the marketing team reach more customers.
• Helped mock up feature ideas for webapp
• Refreshed two company websites that helped improve their usability and reputation
• Prepared webpages for A/B testing that gradually increased conversions
• Film, edit, and animate promotional videos that reach targeted audiences
• Create graphic designs such as brochures, online display ads
UI design, A/B testing, Marketing ads
Sketch, HTML/CSS, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite
January 2015 to August 2015
Evident Point provides digital publishing solutions.
UX Designer/Developer (Co-op)
• Continued development of a portal website redesign for managing ebooks and PDFs
• Applied interface design principles to existing site features
• Designed and developed missing front-end Backbone functionalities for the website and Android app
• Provided QA - Identified and fixed bugs in the site
UI design, QA Testing
HTML/CSS, JS, Android, Backbone
Education / Qualifications
Simon Fraser University
September 2011 to June 2017
BSc in Interactive Arts and Technology
A human-focused multidisciplinary design program that combines the science of the mind with the creative arts to create meaningful human experiences.
Design: researching, ideating, designing, prototyping, iterating
Interactive Systems: analyzing, architecting, developing
Certificate in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
A teamwork-focused business program, working with real, early-stage startups by identifying market needs and innovations, creating feasible business models, and planning and managing projects.
Business model canvas, innovation adoption, project planning, startup financing
“Life only gets harder” is a sentiment I try to follow. Doing hard things mean stepping outside my comfort zone, and is one of the best ways I can learn and change into a better person.
Growing up, I loved to draw and invent fictional cities and corporations, and tinker with tech. This transformed into a passion for art and technological innovations. I'm glad I found myself entering the design field as it fit into both passions - creating something new and being able to make it real.
I approach design in that it is not only about creating an appealing product for an audience, but also creating meaningful, sustainable relationships with them through technology.
- I collaborate with teammates to generate, bounce, and improve ideas;
- I bring design insights through research, observation, and understanding of the subject matter;
- I prototype quickly－even with new tools－to get feedback.
My curiosity drives me to go hiking, biking and exploring the mountains, coasts, and neighbourhoods. God gives me strength to do the best I can, so I also volunteer at my church, managing the A/V and designing posters and invitations (a great place for me to get better at visual design). At home I’m drawn to video games (and tv shows), particularly in the genres of sci-fi and simulation. Currently my favourites are: Valheim, Satisfactory, The Expanse